Our top priority is the health and safety of all participants and volunteers of Toronto Miracle on December 4th. We are following Toronto Public Health recommendations to ensure a safe and contact-free process that maintains physical distancing and healthy hygiene every step of the way.
We need 100% adherence to this safety strategy.
It is up to each individual to respect the COVID-19 public health measures.
If you are symptomatic or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, please isolate on December 4th. Do not donate and do not volunteer.
At all times, participants should remember to:
1. Practice good hand hygiene
2. Keep your distance: 2 meters (6 feet) apart from anyone not living in your household/bubble.
3.Cover your face
- Wash your hands before and after handling food donations
- Place your donation on porch/doorstep/building lobby in place visible from the street
- Remain inside while volunteers collect the donations, donations should not be passed from person to person
According to Toronto Public Health, there is no evidence that COVID-19 is spread by food or food packaging. Wiping down containers or packaging is not necessary.
- When collecting in front of home, maintain a distance of 2m from residents at all times;
- Donations are not to be handed out person-to-person. Donations must be placed on a surface for pick-up within the 2m distance;
- Donation pick-up volunteers are instructed to remain outside (do not enter domiciles) at all times
- Practice safe hand hygiene practices while collecting donations
- Any passengers and drivers in donation pickup vehicles can only be from the same household
For further information please visit City of Toronto COVID 19 Guidance: Indoor & Outdoor Events.
Be advised that we will continue to monitor guidelines and recommendations for COVID-19 safety and will updates the information here accordingly.